Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Heat Wave

Tuesday, July 6, 2004


It is hot today. The difference between dry heat and humid heat seems to me to feel like opening an oven door a feeling your skin draw tight against your face, and stepping into a sauna and feeling your clothes stick to you. I don't suppose I sweat as much here, but it is still very hot. Days like this I miss living next to the ocean so I can go dip my feet in the cool water and feel the ocean breeze on my face. The Mountains would be nice today. It is cooler up there, and really only about 30 minutes from where I work to where the temperature drops enough to enjoy it. Not to mention the Pine and Aspen trees provide a cool shade and the calm of the wilderness I've been in hotter places. Phoenix and Sicily get to temperatures that I didn't know it was safe to live in. It's not that this is unbearable, I just feel like whining. ;)

Logan left, as I already mentioned, on his way to Florida yesterday I have been worried about him traveling alone, because though he's flown alone before, he was young enough to have the airlines help him. This year he's just old enough to be on his own. My worries were not groundless as he had a change of flights in Dallas, and kept time on his own watch, which was an hour behind. Gratefully American Airlines put him on another flight and he lucked out and met a friend and his Mom who were also headed to the tournament. So not only did he arrive, but he had an adult to help him get there, get his bags, and get him to the hotel. I haven't heard from him today, but I am anxious. It's hard to let go and let them grow up, but I have to trust that he'll be okay.

I am off to help my father with his computer today, it's one of those afternoons where I have too much to do, but I am going to opt for a movie with my son instead just because I want to.

We're planning a camping trip to Colorado soon. That should be a bit cooler, eh?


Is this my poor dry skin or the dried earth at the end of my driveway? The heat is really in the WOW degrees today.