Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Church and cactus...

Friday, July 9, 2004



Thanks for all the great comments! :) Such nice peeps out there. I'll visit everyone's journals soon, I have been really enjoying some of the ones I have visited. Almost like having a passport to someone else head and home, hey?

Yesterday was my birthday, (I am 39 now, but my horrid little family keeps wishing me a happy 40th. They evidently want to live in squalor and hunger. Heh.) So I didn't do any posting. This evening Aude arrives, and we've been making her welcome sign and getting things clean. It's been hectic.

I am going to separate my journal into two journals next week, one for New Mexico, and one for the family. I'll link em both here, so you can see what you are interested in. More room, and more focused.

Just a couple of photos today, more Monday if I can, maybe some this weekend. The first photo here is a Church in Golden Colorado. It is a favorite of mine. The front of it has this little cemetery that looks like something out of an old western movie. People still leave flowers, toys, signs, etc. Decorations are often colorful and festive. The second photo is a cactus in my front yard that is in the process of flowering. I didn't plant it, it came with the land. I love cactus,. because I can rarely kill it by accident. (::grins::) Some of the cactus I have flower yellow or orange. I'll show you more as I get them.

Thunderstorms and winds have been blowing through. No water, but what a great reprieve from the heat.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll see ya later!



The famous white adobe church just outside of Madrid, New Mexico


A brilliant pink Cactus bloom opens, awaiting pollination.