Friday, November 30, 2007

Albuquerque at Night

I lived in Albuquerque as a child, I had the best room with the best view of the city in the entire house, perhaps the entire neighborhood. I was particularly proud of my view. My parents often brought guests upstairs to look out my window so they could ooohh and awww.

I've never had a view quite like it since then, though I guess the view from my terrace in Sicily came close. (You could see both the Mediterranean Ocean and the volcano, Mt. Etna from there.) Albuquerque has grown a ton since then as well.

But the lights still draw me, reminding me of a poster my cousin once had, an illustration of Albuquerque depicted at night with it's lights in a swirl, much like the milky way, a universe of gorgeous stars. I'd kill to have a copy of that poster now. ;)

These aren't as good, but I though I'd share anyway. :)